How to Apply
Start your application now and finish anytime. We accept applications on a rolling basis, but please complete the appropriate application for your expected start date.
A complete application includes:
- Online Application
- $50 application fee
- Admission essay (approximately 500 words)
- State your purpose for undertaking graduate studies, your personal and professional goals, and how participation in the Organizational Leadership program will help you attain those goals.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- At least one must be a professional recommendation from a former or current supervisor or colleague.
- A current résumé detailing your professional experience, education, awards, publications, volunteer activities, etc. Candidates should typically have a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience; successful applicants have an average of 17 years. In addition, approximately 20% of the students have already completed graduate-level coursework or a graduate degree.
- Unofficial transcripts from ALL colleges attended. We expect applicants to have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75; the average among successful applicants is 3.45 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Please submit unofficial copies with the application; official transcripts should only be submitted if you are admitted and enroll.
- Transcripts must provide evidence of completion of a regionally-accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree or its 4-year international equivalent.
- All international transcripts must be accompanied by an English translation and a course-by-course evaluation by a transcript evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES®).
- GMAT or GRE scores, if desired.
- These scores are optional. You are not required to submit scores from the GMAT or GRE, but you may include strong scores to strengthen your application.
- International students must also submit official scores from a test of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo scores).
- After your application is submitted, request that the TOEFL testing agency report your official score directly to the University of Colorado (institution code 4841). IELTS and Duolingo scores should be reported in the application.
- Applicants should have minimum TOEFL test scores of 537 (paper-based), 75 (internet-based), an IELTS test score of 6.0, or a Duolingo score of 120.
Do you feel like you fall short in meeting one or more of the application requirements? If so, you are still welcome to apply. You will want to demonstrate how particular strengths in some areas of your application offset the weaknesses in other areas.
Up to nine (9) transfer credits from previously completed graduate coursework will be accepted provided it meets the following criteria:
- The coursework was completed at a regionally accredited higher education institution with a “B” or better within the past five years.
- The coursework was not used in the completion of another graduate degree.
We are unable to award transfer credit for professional development hours or work experience.