The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership is a fully online, asynchronous degree program that prepares working professionals to assume roles as dynamic leaders. Through coursework that blends business, communication and social sciences, you will develop the necessary knowledge and skills to address your organization’s challenges. You will learn to align others around a shared vision, build and manage effective teams and apply the leadership skills necessary to excel in an increasingly fast-paced and complex work world.
The program's learning objectives focus on intellectual and practical competencies. You will:
- acquire professional competency by learning about leadership theories, contemporary leadership challenges, best practices and industry leadership standards,
- develop and apply strong critical thinking, decision-making, presentation and writing skills based upon synthesis of knowledge,
- articulate an ethical personal leadership philosophy for a diverse and multicultural 21st century workforce,
- develop the ability to provide vision and mission articulation, problem identification and definition, strategic planning and ongoing/iterative evaluation,
- integrate skills in multiple types of analysis allowing the application of data analysis to organizational situations and challenges,
- participate in application-oriented assignments and develop high-demand career skills that contribute to employability and professional advancement.
Is Organizational Leadership the right degree for you?
You may be wondering how CU Boulder’s Organizational Leadership program differs from an MBA, or what makes CU Boulder’s program unique. The fully online Organizational Leadership program from CU Boulder is designed to work for you. It focuses on management and leadership skills relevant to almost every manager, no matter the organization or the industry. Learn to lead people through collaboration, manage their performance and make thoughtful, strategic business decisions. Network and learn from industry professionals both in class and through our strong connection to the business community.
A degree designed for working adults.
Life doesn’t stop just because you’ve decided to pursue an advanced degree. Our accelerated course schedule allows you to focus on one class at a time, so you can balance your education with other priorities. The model also keeps you moving through each course so you can complete your degree on a part-time basis in just five semesters, or around 19 months.