Published: July 25, 2023
Graduates Walking Across Campus

In it's recent coverage of CU Boulder's 2022 Commencement, The Daily Camera featured three students from the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program who were on campus last week to celebrate their accomplishment.

Before the ceremony, a group of women who have never met in person posed for pictures with the University of Colorado Boulder mascot Chip in the Norlin Library Quad.

Stacey McDole, Bailey Riddle and Ashley Humphrey graduated on Thursday with master’s degrees in organizational leadership, a fully online program at CU Boulder.

McDole, of Denver, said she had been to campus before but Riddle flew in from Arizona and Humphrey traveled from Missouri for the graduation. They both said it was their first time exploring Boulder.

They wanted to attend the commencement ceremony on Thursday to meet everyone in-person after 18 months of only virtual interactions.

“I have a degree, I want to walk,” Humphrey added.

Riddle said she enjoyed the flexibility the program offered and that she was able to complete the courses while still working full-time.

“It’s a bittersweet feeling,” she said. “It keeps you really focused and on track every single week.”

McDole said she always planned to pursue a master’s degree. When the coronavirus pandemic happened, she decided it was the right time to enroll in school.

“I lost my job during COVID and this program actually helped me get my new position, so I work for the City of Denver now,” she said.

Read the full article on The Daily Camera website

We wish all of the graduates in the 2021-22 academic year the very best of luck in the next chapter. It has been our priviledge to walk this journey with you.